Tuesday 20 January 2015

Traci Bautista


Traci Bautista


Mixed media/designer.

Traci Bautista is one of the artists that inspires me most, not only with the use of collage but the layout of her backgrounds. 

She left a very successful marketing and graphic design career in 2001 to pursue her one true passion for art and expand her creative side. She has become an skilful mixed media designer, entrepreneur, influential artist, teacher and now an author to the two books she has released, “Collage Unleashed” and “Doodles Unleashed”.

Her art has been in several magazines, many mixed media books and all over blogs. Bautista's fame has expanded ever since the release of her bestselling book collage unleashed. She uses her past experiences to expand and create the work she produces now , and due to her relaxed way of working she is able to explore without boundaries.


In the past 12 years she has inspired thousands of people by giving lessons of many different workshops aiming to share and teach others to expand in the way she has. Traci's mixed media workshops consisted of such things as “art journalising, creative business, surface design...”
She has now developed in such a way that she is working with large companies and has her work all over the web, but not only that, she is now planning on opening her own art studio for the public and for her own benefit.

I am very fond of watching Traci Bautista's workshop videos online as not only do they inspire me for my own work but help me understand the simplicity of it yet it looking so detailed, and then being able to incorporate that into my own work. She uses a large amount of colour in her work which I admire, as her colours are bold and impactive. She includes the use of overprint which intensifies and frames the vivid background. I think this technique will work well to not detract away from the main painting in my own work.
Personally, it isn't that easy to compare pieces of her work with other sections of it as she uses a wide range of collage and prints unevenly across all her work to make it all look personalised.
In my opinion her work is very easily separated from other artists as her style is very recognisable  To help me progress, she uses simple, almost childlike prints and application of paint but layers it in such a complex and intricate way that it looks mature. Not only by the way she works and taking that initial approach and extending the idea further, by including texture that evolve from Barcelo's influence. 

Thanks to Bautista I have now discovered many ways in which I can expand my media base using such media as print, layered paint effects, and 3D textures with my accurate media style of portraiture.



Link to Traci Bautista's workshops> Youtube Tutorials

No comments:

Post a Comment